Monday, June 30, 2008

Oil? Yes! Oil!



These days, I'm crazy about oil. Truth be told, I loved it long ago, and then I found a new use and a greater love. Let me explain. I just adore everything Burt's Bees to begin with. But at first I wasn't sure what to do with the apricot oil that came in my little basket of goodness. Then, as my baby's head got dryer and dryer through the winter months, my mom tipped me off..."put a little oil on his head before washing and it will all be smooth and right again." Worked like magic.

And then I discovered the amazing power of Tea Tree Oil for sanitizing cloth diapers. On washing day, I put three teeny drips in the detergent slot (along with my unscented detergent) and VIOLA! No more smells or second washings. I am so happy about this discovery, I just had to share. I hope a fellow cloth diaperer stumbles upon this post and becomes a Tea Tree believer like me because it will most happily change their life too. Heck, I'm thinking about planting a few tea trees out back. Anywho, happy oiling!

No comments: