Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tubtrugs for Today's Toys


Since my baby is finally interested in toys (at six months) I feel like I can report on this topic with only a smidge of authority. But I believe if you want to raise a creative baby, you've gotta keep things fresh. That means lots of interesting toys to see, taste, feel and explore. What's a mom to do with all these toys, you ask? Meet your new best friend: Tubtrug. Here's an idea: invest in 7 of these. Or, seven similar containers that are indestructible and (more importantly) harmless to your baby. Put a day's worth of toys in each container and store them neatly in a closet or under the crib. Each day, take out a new Tubtrug and let your baby go nuts. This way, the toys stay fresh and exciting and your house stays tidy too. Currently in each of my Tubtrugs: a different rattle, teether, couple of books and a plush toy.

I also saw a tip on this for bathtub toys stored in sand pails for the older baby. This makes every bath time one of discovery. Just be sure to punch holes in the bottom of the bucket, so your toys can drain and dry. Since I'm just getting started in this adventure, I welcome all tips and comments on toy storage and rotation. Feel free to post!

No comments: