Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mommy 'minder stickers


If your mom didn't keep a baby book for you, I'm sorry. But as sweet (and important!) as they are, I'll be the first to admit that they're hard to stay on top of when the milestones are flying by as quickly as the hours of missed sleep.

Here's a solution. I have a regular old calendar hanging above the highchair in the kitchen. This keeps regular old dates like doctor's appointments and birthdays and whatnot. But what it also keeps are my Mommy 'minder stickers. You see, when Bastien does something amazing, I just pull out a sticker from the calendar pocket and put it on that date. Sometimes, if I have a free hand, I'll write down what the amazing thing was just for a little added insurance against my tired and forgetful brain. Then, on a predetermined date (I choose the 20th, for the date he was born; but you could do the last day of the month, or whatever), I tally up the month's stickers and post it all in his baby book.

I got this idea from my marathon days when I put stickers in my running log on days that were particularly worth remembering. So I'm sure there are other times when these stickers come in handy. Potty training comes to mind... If you've got baby book ideas, be sure to share!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: